The secret to unlocking your success in work and life is closing your Gap.
The "Gap" is the measurable difference between your thoughts and your actions; it's the difference between what you think and what you do. It is also known as the place where misery lives. Your Gap points out how in or out of sync your behavior is with your professed beliefs. A big Gap means they're out of sync, which is blocking your success.
People who are unhappy generally have a lot of gaps. They don't speak the truth, they hide who they are, do things unconsciously, wait for something to happen "to" them, and search for meaning but don't take the steps necessary to achieve it... or sometimes, they just need to know what their blind spots are and how to overcome them.
Here are the symptoms of a Gap just begging to be closed:
- Life seems filled with obstacles.
- You are tired all the time.
- You feel uncertain or anxious.
- You resent not getting that promotion.
- People complain that you are rigid and inflexible.
- You don't take care of yourself.
- You think that everything and everyone is a pain in the neck.